GUIDELINES FOR DISTINGUISHED ALUMNUS AWARDS
1. The Distinguished Alumnus Award (DAA) is given to a person who has been awarded a degree from University of Roorkee or its successor IIT Roorkee to recognize his/her outstanding contributions in one of the five categories of the award listed below. The contributions should be self-evident to the peers in the category.
- Academic or Research Excellence
- Excellence in Engineering or Technology Innovation
- Managerial Excellence in Private, Public or Government Sector
- Entrepreneurial Excellence
- Excellence in Service to the Society
At most two awards in each category i.e. a maximum total of 10 awards can be given each year.
2. Nominations for DAA are invited from all over the world and anybody can nominate the deserving alumni of IITR.
3. All nominations should be submitted online to the DORA office.
4. The nominations received during the last two years but not selected for the award would also be eligible for consideration, along with the fresh nominations.
5. Last date of receiving nomination is 15th June, 2020.
6. The selection committee consists of the following five members:
- Director, IITR, Chair
- Two persons of eminence (to be nominated by the BOG)
- DORA, IITR
- One Institute Chair Professor (nominated by Director IITR).
7. The recommendations of the committee would be sent to the Chairman, BOG for approval.
8. The DA awards would be given on the Foundation Day - 25th November every year.
Link to the Nomination Form
For any query or clarifications, please contact
PROF. BHOLA R. GURJAR
DEAN OF RESOURCES & ALUMNI AFFAIRS (DORA)
(PROFESSOR IN DEPT. OF CIVIL ENGG.)
ROORKEE – 247667, INDIA