GUIDELINES FOR DISTINGUISHED ALUMNUS AWARDS
1. The Distinguished Alumnus Award (DAA) should be given to a person who has been awarded a degree from IIT Roorkee or its predecessor University of Roorkee to recognize his/her outstanding contributions in one of the five categories of the award. The contributions should be self-evident to the peers in the category.
2. Nominations for DAA should be invited from all over the world and anybody can nominate. The call seeking nominations should be widely publicized on the institute website, publications and by other means so as to reach the widest possible audience. The Global Network of IIT Roorkee Alumni may be requested for assistance in this regard so that good nominations are received from alumni belonging to all academic programs and departments of the University of Roorkee and IIT Roorkee.
3. The advertisement to seek nominations should be publicized in January/February and DAA should be given at the time of Convocation so that the life sketches and accomplishments of DAA recipients inspire the graduating students.
4. At most two awards in each category i.e. a maximum total of 10 awards can be given each year. All nominations should be received online by the DORA office. The nominations should be in one of the following categories:
a) Academic or Research Excellence
b) Excellence in Engineering or Technology Innovation
c) Managerial Excellence in Private, Public or Government Sector
d) Entrepreneurial Excellence
e) Excellence in Service to the Society
5. The nominations received during the last two years but not selected for the award would also be eligible for consideration, along with the fresh nominations.
6. The selection committee would consist of the following five members:
a) Director, IITR, Chair
b) Two persons of eminence (to be nominated by the BOG)
c) DORA, IITR
d) One Institute Chair Professor (nominated by Director IITR).
7. The recommendations of the committee would be sent to the Chairman, BOG for approval.
Link to the Nomination Form
For any query or clarifications, please contact
PROF. BHOLA R. GURJAR
DEAN OF RESOURCES & ALUMNI AFFAIRS (DORA)
(PROFESSOR IN DEPT. OF CIVIL ENGG.)
ROORKEE – 247667, INDIA