INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ROORKEE
Support for IITR Faculty for Visiting Institutions Abroad
- To promote quality research by providing opportunities to faculty members to collaborate with leading international experts.
- To enhance the visibility of IIT Roorkee at such institutions/laboratories leading to more international collaborations.
- The following conditions must be satisfied:
1.1 The foreign institute/department should be in the top 500 of QS World University Rankings or in the top 200 of QS World University Rankings by subject.
1.2 It is expected that the duration of stay at the foreign institute is for a few months. But in any case it should
not be less than one week.
1.3 It is expected that the host or any other sponsor has offered partial support to facilitate the stay/visit.
- Recommendations of the following committee will be placed before the Director for approval:
a) Dean of Faculty Affairs Convener
b) Dean of Resources & Alumni Affairs Member
c) Dean SRIC Member
- The funding would be available only for meeting the gap between the total expenditure and the total funds available from other sources.
- A maximum of Rs. 2 lakhs can be availed by a faculty in a block of three years (synchronized with but in addition to PDA).
Prof. B. R. Gurjar
Dean of Resources & Alumni Affairs (DORA)
James Thomason Building, IIT Roorkee
DORA Office Phone: 01332-28-5840; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org